- Credit controlling the assigned portfolio of customer accounts – Collection, Query Resolution, Assessing Credit History, Dunning Letters, Collection Letters, Calls and emails.
- Collect outstanding amounts from Customers – ensure assigned targets are met.
- Establish and maintain ‘accounts ‘relationships with all Customers, resolve queries of/from the Customer.
- Takes a lead role in developing and improving team members’ skills and capabilities.
- Holds individual team members accountable for delivery - challenges carelessness and no adherence.
- Keeps the team focused on customers to deliver what was promised and ensure satisfaction.
- Takes personal responsibility for the performance of the team and its contribution to business performance by settings clear targets for self and team.
- Anticipates difficulties in meeting both own and team targets - takes action to get back on track.
- Monitors customer service and performance levels of the team against plan and reports variances.
- Builds strong relationships and customer understanding to deliver services that meet customer needs.
- Understands how external developments affect current plans and flags any issues.
- Engages the team to focus on key deliverables – is clear about standards and requirements.
- Makes sound operational decisions that support business profitability.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Should be a graduate, with more than 5 years of work experience in Credit Control process and team handling.
- Knowledge of Credit Control and Collection Procedures.
- Exposure to Credit Control and Customer Query resolution.
- Experienced in inbound/Outbound customer call handling.
- Experienced working in a strict SLA driven environment.
- Have significant credit management experience in positions of increasing responsibility including leadership positions.
- Have a thorough understanding of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of Credit Risk Assessment tools.
- Exposure to AR Cash allocation and Ledger Matching.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities with a logical approach.
- Open and willing to change - adapt flexibly to new systems, work patterns or technology.
- Excellent planning, organising & time management skills.
- Attention to detail and drive for results.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Contributes ideas to improve the quality or efficiency of own/ the team’s work.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and a logical approach to analysis.
- Rises to the challenge – consistently gets things done, despite difficulties.