- Monitor internet connection and fix any internet connectivity issues.
- Provide support for firewall related customer requests and troubleshoot any issues.
- Handle Router upgrades and identify any issues on the routing devices.
- Manage and support in-house E-Mail Filtering solution and liaise with development team for any configuration changes that may require at the infrastructure level.
- Support RM developed products (IP Products): Web Filtering, SSL VPN solutions.
- Handle issue related to the Websites hosted in the RM Webhosting platform.
- Manages DNS for RM clients.
- Management and resolution of technical issues logged by the UK Connectivity customers.
- Drive improvements in process and culture within the RM group, with a focus on both internal and external customer satisfaction.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- At least 2 - 4 years of experience in Network/connectivity support profile
- Hands on experience with Routers (Like Cisco, Juniper, Huawei) and Firewalls (FortiGate, Cisco ASA etc...)
- Knowledge on DNS and DHCP working principles.
- Firewall Management
- Proxy configuration
- Windows and Linux Webhosting
- Spam filtering and email relay
- DNS configuration
- DHCP Configuration
- Experience on customer facing support role
- Troubleshooting issues on VLANs, switches, routers.
- Exposure to mail security concepts.
- Sound knowledge and hands-on experience in a Networking environment. Sound knowledge in Linux is preferred.
- Good understanding on Networking concept.
- Troubleshooting skills on VoIP related issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills.
- Exposure to quality systems (ISO / CMMI).
- Understanding on ITIL process or similar methodologies.
- Should be a quick learner with an eye for detail.
- Drive for results within deadlines.
- To manage, maintain and develop own technical expertise.
- Contribute to technical support knowledge base