- Monitor and Manage Connectivity Infrastructure components 24*7
- Responsible for managing day to day support activities in the form of incident and service requests
- L2/L3 support for incidents/tickets raised & liaise with multiple SME teams and Customer management teams as required
- System administration of Linux systems and variants
- Plan, schedule, and implement Infrastructure maintenance activities which include software upgrades, hardware replacement and infrastructure changes
- Manage escalations from other customer facing teams & isolate the issues with proper Troubleshooting steps
- Root cause analysis & Incident report to Management teams and Stakeholders after a Major incident
- Work with Service Providers, Hardware vendors to determine causes of device failure/issues
- Communicate effectively with internal and external audiences with varying levels of technical expertise
- Work on improvement/maintenance projects.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in a Linux environment. RHCSA/RHCE certification and expertise in Linux systems needed.
- Hands on exp in Linux Operating Systems - Potentially to RHCE level.
- Expertise in troubleshooting Linux based systems - Installation, Remote administration, break-fix support etc.
- In depth administrative experience in Linux OS variants, Proxy servers, web servers (Apache).
- Proficiency in at least one major configuration management tool, e.g. Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- In depth knowledge in patching Linux systems & packages.
- Experience in Scripting will be an added advantage e.g. Python or Perl or Shell scripting
- Should have Virtualization & storage systems knowledge
- Knowledge of Redhat Satellite server will be advantageous.
- Familiar with Icinga, Grafana, Postfix.
- Hands on experience in maintaining and supporting network environment – Cisco/Juniper/Huawei devices
- Knowledge/experience in Firewall devices – Cisco, Fortigate, preferred
- CCNA certification will be an advantage
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Exposure to quality systems (ISO / CMMI).
- Understanding on ITIL process or similar methodologies
- Should be a quick learner with an eye for detail.
- Drive for results within deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation and tenacity to get the job done.